Jeff Auen has been in real estate business since 1999 after many years in small business startups. He began his real estate practice with the most challenging side of real estate: creating an LLC and renovating and restoring an 800K home with his first broker/contractor mentor in Lafayette.
In addition to working with residential sellers and buyers, he has built new homes from vacant land; consulted on numerous interior and exterior renovation projects with clients; and continues to work with architects; contractors; and investors in securing land and investment properties.
Probate Specialty: Since 2008, Jeff has also developed a sub specialty working with attorneys and families with pre-foreclosures, divorce, probate and inheritance sales.
He continues to stay ahead of the market through advanced workshops and seminars in real estate practice, internet technology and law.
He serves clients in both Alameda and Contra Costa Counties having lived in North Oakland/Berkeley and Lafayette for over 25 years. As with most successful Realtors today, Jeff employs a team approach to each client’s needs and transaction: He will recommend trusted home and termite inspectors and lending brokers. He has established working relations with local title company officers and if needed, real estate attorneys; And most importantly, he has referral service that is an all-inclusive: a pre and post-sale provider who can supervisor packing; organizing; moving, painting, carpeting; minor pest repairs; smoke alarm installation; etc.
This full service approach provides a comprehensive plan of action and a smooth transaction for either a buyer or seller.
Client Relationships – Jeff brings to each client:
- Extensive knowledge of residential and income property transactions
- In depth experience in renovation consultation
- Knowledge and expertise with multiple offers, short sales and foreclosures and probate sales
- Has options to accelerate a close of escrow to less than 10 days
- Advancing training and expertise in real estate practice and business negotiations
- Expertise in internet and digital marketing: single property sites, virtual tours, YouTube, etc.
- Full service approach including access to over 400 vendors
- Offers a direct hands-on consultation approach and had been known to even paint a wall when needed!
- Assists buyers and sellers in navigating through complicated inspection reports including foundation and drainage
- Offers a full property overview of value and general projections of possible renovation costs and impact on value for buyers and sellers
- Certifications and Advanced Training
- Member of the National Association of Realtors
- Member of the Contra Costa Association of Realtors
- Certified in Real Estate Negotiation Expertise, Cne, (Real Estate Negotiation Institute)
- Certified in Real Estate Contract Expert, CBR (CA Real Estate Academy)
- Certified Loss Mitigation Consultant, Short Sale Express Institute
- Short Sale Certified, CDPE, (Distressed Property Institute)
- Risk Management Advanced training- yearly
- Extensive Renovation Consultation for Clients
- Advanced sales and Digital Marketing/ Buffini group and Tom Ferry Group